Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Basic Intelligence

Sometimes I think I'm not very smart. It's not that my IQ is low or I have some learning disability or something. It's that sometimes, the information doesn't quite connect.
Example: A few days ago, my wife and I left the house at the same time, but we were heading to different places. I ride my scooter as a second car. My wife has the Volvo because she also has the boy. So, we left and she followed me for a little while. We stopped at a light and I looked in my rearview. She had the sunroof open and I saw the sunlight in the car and I thought, "I want a sunroof."
I'll just say that sometimes, I'm not very smart.

2 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I identify with your comment "sometimes, the information doesn't quite connect."
I am no longer surprised when the information doesn't connect. I am surprised when it does.
I remember with a chuckle when I read the sign "Acrylic nails for sale." I wondered, "What do you build with acrylic nails?"
It wasn't bad enough to think this as I passed the sign on the side of the road. It took some time to figure it out and worse yet, I had the same thought when I passed the sign again later.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Carl Miller said...

HA! It's so great to know that other people do it too. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one in the slow stream, it's nice to know I have occasionally have company

 

Post a Comment

<< Home