Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Political Agenda Gone Awry

You know, I don't really care what you say or how you say it. What I care about is that you come across coherently and intelligently. Today, the Democrats failed on both counts.

Take for instance today's blunder by Signeur Kerry, "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq." Hmmm, not really something that anybody wants to say on purpose.

Here's the part that makes me think:
John Kerry goofs up on a statement like that, refuses to apologize and accuses the Republicans of twisting his words for political gain. I'm not really sure how you would twist them to sound any worse for Kerry. I think you would take the words verbatim, put them in bold, underline, italicize and all caps. Not a lot of "twisting" required.

It seems like Kerry just can't take responsibility for the words that came out of his mouth. I'm not sure what his excuse is this time but I'm pretty sure that he was in full control of his faculties when he said it. I know that somebody wrote the words for him, but it seems like if you open your mouth, you'd better know what's coming out.

The part that really makes me think is that if our politicians weren't focused on portraying their esteemed opponents as the devil, they'd be able to spend more time focusing on their own qualifications. Not that this idea is original or makes any sense to Congress, but I thought I'd throw it out there all the same.

Not a long post, but I figured that people should really spend more time working and less time reading blogs.

1 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I heard that Kerry's excuse was that it was a joke that didn't really work. I think he would be hard pressed to find a worse time for a sound bite like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home