Thursday, November 09, 2006

Ahh politics, sweet politics

Well, now that the race for the Senate is over and the Democrats have control, I think about what the future holds. Do I care so much about stem cell research? No. Do I care about what happens with the war in Iraq? Sadly, only a tiny little bit. I realize that when the Dems cut and run, we'll have an influx of people who need jobs which will depress the labor market and negatively affect my stocks. Ah well, what do you do.

My burning question is this; what are they going to do with the taxes? Will they raise them so I'll be more in demand, or will they just leave them the same so I'll just be in demand?

And that my friends is what they call "voter apathy."

2 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Voter apathy is all well and good. just make sure it's informed voter apathy.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Carl Miller said...

I think the definition of apathy is a lack of caring. Being informed means that I would have to care enough to get the information. I think this amount of caring is precluded by my apathy. I guess I'm not so apathetic that I won't get the information about how Dems do taxes, but beyond that, frankly m'dear, I don't give a rat's tail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home